ALWAYS TEST BEFORE FULL APPLICATION
Saturn Yellow is a beautiful bright yellow pigment and part of our Neon Series line. Our popular mica powder is ideal for DIY craft use, such as, epoxy, resin, woodworking, pen blanks, plastics, slime, watercolors, cosmetics, fishing lures, bath bombs, jewelry, melt and pour, lip balm, acrylic, polish, candle making, and MUCH more.
INGREDIENTS & PARTICLE SIZE
Particle size 1-5 μm
Ingredients Polyurethane-11, Yellow 5
Heat Threshold 500 °F
MIXING TIPS FOR NEONS
Are you having a difficult time mixing the pigments or just find yourself stirring and stirring? Or even worse, finding tiny specs in your finished product? This is mostly the cause of not mixing and breaking down the pigment enough.
Due to the granular nature of specialty pigments such as neons, glow in the dark, etc. these pigments are typically a little more difficult mix and breakdown.
If this is the case, place the pigments in a small cup, use denatured alcohol and wet the pigments, stir until it has a consistency of a paste. Stir until they break down.
We also have a very short video showing the process HERE
|FDA-Permitted for External Use||No|
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use||No|
|FDA-Permitted for General (Including Lips) Use||No|
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use||No|
We are always asked if our pigments can be used for cosmetic purposes. Below you will find some additional information on FDA Regulations.
|Epoxy||2 grams per 8 ounces|
The most common question that we receive is "How much pigment per gallon of epoxy?". This is a very valid question and unfortunately there is no set answer due to the numerous types of applications and variations. This is why we recommend the 2 grams per 8 oz and add as desired.
- Are you looking for an opaque or transparent look?
- Lighter colors may take more pigment to achieve the color.
Why micron sizes matter:
- PLEASE be aware of the micron sizes of the pigment. The larger the micron, the larger the particle.
- Typical pigments average 10-60um.
- Be aware that larger micron sized pigments will most likely have a heavier density which will cause the pigment to sink faster in fresh epoxy such as deep pours.
- For example, our Icicle or 14k Nugget Gold is 200-700um and will most likely sink in fresh epoxy faster.
- To alleviate sinking either let the epoxy settle up a little bit. Or, come back through your project to "stir" it a little more.
|Soap - Cold process||2 tsp per lb of oils|
|Soap - Hot process||½ tsp lb of MP base|
NOTE: Due to the white MP base, it will always create a pastel color.
AUTOMOTIVE / REMOVABLE PAINT RATIOS
DO NOT use for these applications. Neon pigments are not UV resistant and will fade over time under constant UV (sun) exposure.
ACRYLIC POURING RATIOS
INDUSTRIAL, PLASTICS, & GLASS COATINGS RATIOS
|Vinyl Wrap And Plastic Films||5-10% By Weight|
|Plastic Bottles||1-2% By Weight|
|Masterbatch||10-30% By Weight|
|Plastic Resins||0.2-0.5% By Weight|
|Rubber Polymers And Latex||5-15% By Weight|
|Glass||1-10% By Weight|
|Candles||5-10% By Weight|
GRAPHIC INKS & SCREEN PRINTING RATIOS
|Flexographic Inks (Packing Materials)||15-25% By Weight|
|Offset Printing Ink||5-10% By Weight|
|Screen Printing And Screen Inks||10-30% By Weight|
|Textile Printing And Textile Inks And Pastes||5-10% By Weight|
|Gravure Inks||5-15% By Weight|
|Nail Polish||5-25% By Weight|
FIREARMS (CERAKOTE) RATIOS
Photo Courtesy: crawlinzx14 / Picture shows Eye Candy Colorshift over a black base.
Our pigments can be used for both Cerakote and KG Gunkote clears. Below is just some references.
- 5 grams of pigment per 4oz
- Typically recommend a black base. For light colored pigments such as yellows, pinks, etc. you may want to try a light colored base. ALWAYS test before full application.
- 3 coats for full saturation. Some colors may require less.
- Stay with pigments with a 10-60um micron size. All particle sizes are listed on our product pages or you can find it on our Pigment Information List HERE.
- Recommend using a .80 spray nozzle. Some use 1.0 for clears.
REQUEST SAFETY DATA SHEET (SDS)
To request a safety data sheet, please contact us here: Jeff@eyecandycustomz.com
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.