- MULTIPURPOSE RED MICA POWDER – Kyoto Red is a red peach pigment, our popular mica powder is ideal for DIY craft use, such as, epoxy, resin, woodworking, pen blanks, plastics, slime, watercolors, cosmetics, fishing lures, bath bombs, jewelry, melt and pour, lip balm, acrylic, polish, candle making, and MUCH more.
- NOTE ON RED PIGMENTS! – We realize that it's practically impossible to find a true red pigment on the market. Almost all red pigments will have a some level of a pinkish hue to them. It's just a matter of how much of the pinkish hue there will be. We recommend trying to put in a VERY slight amount of a grey or black pigment to lessen the pink hue or darken the red.
- ULTRA-FINE PURITY – Eye Candy mica pearls are 10-60 microns in size to better blend with resins, lacquer, epoxy, nail polish, latex, cosmetics, automotive paint, lotions, creams, polymer clay, varnishes, glazes, and other personal use items.
- ULTIMATE CRAFTING VERSALITY – Our red mica powder can be used for tinting, darkening, or brightening other mica colors making it ideal for use as a personal or professional soap colorant or candle making ingredient.
- SAFE, NON-TOXIC, CRUELTY FREE – Kyoto Red and all our resin color pigment is stain-free but highly recommend using POLYSORBATE 80 for those making bath bombs, gentle on skin, and won’t cause irritation. As with any additive, always test a small area before full use to ensure it’s allergy safe.
- UNBEATABLE QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE - Unbeatable Quality and Customer Service – Eye Candy mica pearls are backed by superior quality assurance, purity, and fast, responsive support. Contact us with any questions or concerns to get reliable service you can count on.
CALCULATIONS FOR MIXING OF OUR PIGMENTS
This is the most frequently question asked and rightfully so!! Unfortunately there's no standard calculation when mixing pigments due to the numerous applications, and mediums that our pigments can be used with. I.E. Automotive, Epoxy, Resin, Slime, Candles, Soaps, Fishing Lures, Woodworking, Pen Blanks, Acrylic, Varnish, Clay, Grout, Flooring, Countertops, Cosmetics, Fingernail Polish, etc. the list goes on.
Other factors are based on the customer. What is the desired look that you're trying to achieve, opaque or transparency?
Our standard for epoxy resin or automotive has been (1) container of our 50 gram pigment powder for every gallon. But, we have seen customers use MUCH less!!
Starting out with 1g of pigment per 8 oz would be a safe start while adding more pigment as needed to achieve your desired outcome.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.